Merry Christmas to all on the forum

Anything to do with Port.
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Merry Christmas to all on the forum

Post by Doggett »

Admins may move this to meaningless drivel, but the sentiment is not meaningless, so I shall start it here.

I would like to wish all of the :tpf: a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year. I have very much enjoyed my short membership so far, and look forward to more tastings and meeting more of you in 2016.

To make this a bit more port related, over the next few days there are 2 X 75s, 2x 40yr Tawnies, 2x 20Yr Tawnies, a Cockburn 60 and a 72 and 75 ch Mouton Rothschild to enjoy. I hope you all enjoy health happiness and some fine drinking over the holidays.

Cheers,

Simon
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Merry Christmas to all on the forum

Post by DRT »

Merry Christmas to you too, Simon.

It is good that you found this place and we gained another enthusiastic consumer or Port 88)

See you on 4th January!
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Chris Doty
Graham’s Malvedos 1996

Post by Chris Doty »

Merry Christmas to all !

I remain very grateful for the friendships and experiences only made possible through TPF, and with the introduction of Simon and others in 2015, there are no signs of slowing down.

I wish everyone a safe, happy and port-tacular holiday

See you kids in 2016 - the year of AMAZING

woo woo

csd
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

“Daddy, why do you watch the Queen’s speech? She says the same thing every year.” Please suggest a loyal reply.
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Post by Doggett »

Is it disloyal to suggest that we watch thinking it could be the last one...and wondering who will make the next...and what kind of feverish releases will occur in the world of the shippers?... Yes I hear you cry, disloyal indeed!
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

It is because she steadfastly reminds us of who we are and where we came from. The speech is a-political and generally unbiased to any particular religion. "Be good", "respect others", "be tolerant", "etc". Nothing controversial. A reminder once a year is not a bad idea.
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:It is because she steadfastly reminds us of who we are and where we came from.
Or because she steadfastly reminds us of who we are and that it does not matter where we came from?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:It is because she steadfastly reminds us of who we are and where we came from.
Or because she steadfastly reminds us of who we are and that it does not matter where we came from?
I chose my words poorly. I meant in terms of history and tradition rather than any sinister meaning.
Ernest H. Cockburn
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

Tell your children that she isn't allowed to write her own (boo-hiss, they would be electric if she and HRH Prince Phillip did them together) and they haven't found a decent replacement writer since Rudyard Kipling left and then compare this with the situation of the England openers.

Happy Christmas one and all.