new book about the Douro valley

Anything to do with Port.
christopherpfaff
Warre’s Warrior

new book about the Douro valley

Post by christopherpfaff »

Dear Port lovers,

I´m a littel bit proud to announce that my book project about the Douro valley is finally released ("Das Douro-Tal" ISBN: 9783739215143):
christopher-pfaff-das-douro-tal-9783739215143.jpg
christopher-pfaff-das-douro-tal-9783739215143.jpg (19.43 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
The book is a nearly 200 pages tourist travel guide about the Douro valley (german language) with several colour fotos. Of course all major Port Quintas, most of the Quintas who can be visited by tourist and Quintas where an overnight stay for tourists is possbile are included. Moreover the travel guides includes information about sightseeing and recommended restaurants and Hotels. The first german book about this region ever.

The book is also availible in the UK and the USA market (see the examplary link to Amazon UK)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Das-Douro-Tal-U ... pher+pfaff

I would be very pleased about your feedback.

Best,
Christopher Pfaff
"An one litre bottle [of port] is the right size for two persons, if one person doesn´t drink." - Dirk Niepoort
--------
http://www.passion-port.de
Christian
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Re: new book about the Douro valley

Post by Christian »

Hi Christopher, fantastic book!!!! I downloaded it last night and had the plan to drink a few glasses of Port while reading it. In the end I was so fascinated that I forgot to re-fill my glass... :D

It's a great piece about the Douro Valley - and while I know many of the places that you have mentioned, I'm also happy to see that there are a lot of places that I don't know and have never visited - so I added a few more things to my Douro-Bucket-List... 88)

It's easy and fun to read - and some good memories from our joint roaming through the valley came back... Hope to see you at some point again in Portugal.

It's a pity that the book is only available in German - which is of course a lovely language - but maybe you can get it translated into English - even while there are some books for Douro-Tourists available in English, your book is the best combining Portwine/Douro-Wine knowledge with useful hints for tourists!

Well done, Christopher!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) "I believe I am responsible for 4% of the port wine consumption in my country..." :)
christopherpfaff
Warre’s Warrior

Re: new book about the Douro valley

Post by christopherpfaff »

Christian wrote:Hi Christopher, fantastic book!!!! I downloaded it last night and had the plan to drink a few glasses of Port while reading it. In the end I was so fascinated that I forgot to re-fill my glass... :D

It's a great piece about the Douro Valley - and while I know many of the places that you have mentioned, I'm also happy to see that there are a lot of places that I don't know and have never visited - so I added a few more things to my Douro-Bucket-List... 88)
Thanks for your feedback. It makes me very happy, that you not only like reading it, but that even a port expert like you, who visited the region more than a dozen times, found a lot of information about new places.

It was a crucial aim for me, to make my book as most as possible current and with valuable insider tips.
"An one litre bottle [of port] is the right size for two persons, if one person doesn´t drink." - Dirk Niepoort
--------
http://www.passion-port.de