Port and quantum computation

Anything to do with Port.
akzy
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Port and quantum computation

Post by akzy »

Hi team,

Thought I would share a terribly embarrassing moment in my academic career. I recently submitted a paper on the work I do on quantum computation and hidden in my automatic reference was a link. This was highlighted during the peer review stage.
port.png
port.png (23.31 KiB) Viewed 6113 times
To save you the hassle of checking yourself, that was for Warre's LBV 2004 on Amazon...
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Port and quantum computation

Post by DRT »

Excellent!

Not only did you prove that you can multi-task you also provided an opportunity to prove that the peer review process is effective 88)

More importantly, how was the W2004LBV?
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
akzy

Post by akzy »

We had multiple contribute to the paper, but when it was spotted, everyone knew did it.

I haven't had it yet. I'm going to save it for when the paper is accepted and in the journal - this seems apt.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Fabulous ‘error’.
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Great copy/paste error; just a shame it didn't make it past peer review before being spotted! Is it possible for a colleague to cite your draft version, rather than the final published version, when referencing your work... ?
akzy

Post by akzy »

PhilW wrote: 10:29 Fri 09 Aug 2019 Great copy/paste error; just a shame it didn't make it past peer review before being spotted! Is it possible for a colleague to cite your draft version, rather than the final published version, when referencing your work... ?
Yes there is. It's available as version 1 in the preprint arxiv server, which can be cited -https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.00267v1.
This version however will be significantly different to the final published version where all the figures, text and formatting will be changed to match the journal's style.