Possible hacking of site

Anything to do with Port.
Justin K
Niepoort LBV

Possible hacking of site

Post by Justin K »

I got one of those extortion emails yesterday and normally they are generic but this one addressed to me by my christian name and quoted a "hacked" password which was my password for this site and two others. However on checking the other sites this is the only one that uses my christian name in the username box. So beware and maybe as a precaution we should all change our passwords and never triplicate them in future!
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Possible hacking of site

Post by PhilW »

Thanks for the warning. If you are happy to reply privately by PM to let me know what the other two sites are (once you've changed your passwords on them of course) I'll see whether I can identify which was breached, if it is long enough ago to determine.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Password change is somewhat hidden: User Control Panel > Profile > Edit account settings.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

There is consistent dump of passwords on the "dark web" Chrome has this feature since 2019 where they just scan open password files and if they find your u/p combination, they'll alert you via Chrome plugin saying that your password has been compromised.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/10/210 ... a-features
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz