LAST BOTTLES OF THE WONDERFUL GOLDEN WHITE

Anything to do with Port.
goncalo devesas
Cheap Ruby

LAST BOTTLES OF THE WONDERFUL GOLDEN WHITE

Post by goncalo devesas »

Hello Port brotherhood,

as you all know the amazing Golden White is arriving to the end (unfortunately) less than 300 units remaining, so once that I personnaly take care of the shipment for Glenn E. and some more other requests, if any of you want to keep one or more of this UNIC Portwine ( in my opinion nothing to do with the Krohn 1964 ), just tell me and in one week you will have the bottles at your home.

The shipping untill 6 bottles will be 47€ and 12 bottles 52€ for England.

Now I only have the bottles that are bottled by request, so in this case Oct. 2009.

I saw that some of you talked about prices, but as we all know buying the Dalva Golden White 1952 bottled in 2003 it´s not the same price as Dalva selling it now, and of course the flavour will not be with the same complexity.

Best regards from Porto, :wink:
goncalo_devesas@hotmail.com

Gonçalo
Attachments
gw52.JPG
gw52.JPG (54.17 KiB) Viewed 3486 times
Last edited by goncalo devesas on 17:18 Wed 14 Oct 2009, edited 7 times in total.
Port is the tasting of knowledge and making friends.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: LAST BOTTLES OF THE WONDERFUL GOLDEN WHITE

Post by jdaw1 »

How much is it?
goncalo devesas
Cheap Ruby

Re: LAST BOTTLES OF THE WONDERFUL GOLDEN WHITE #FOR SALE#

Post by goncalo devesas »

I Julian,

I sent Glenn´s Shipment for your address in Paris.
So, about that, I need to know how many bottles ? To see what I can make as a discount, once that we are selling it now in Porto for 179€.
The shipping price for Paris ex. 6 bottles - 20€, probably less than a week to arrive.

Gonçalo
Port is the tasting of knowledge and making friends.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

This is terrific stuff. I just tasted it at Goncalos winebar. The next year to be produced of the Golden White is 1963. I do have both Ports at home and will try them soon. Then I will post the TN.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

It is terrific, and only a few bottles remain.
Roy Hersh
Niepoort LBV

Post by Roy Hersh »

I have had this dozens of times, six times in just the past two weeks, but many more times since introducing guests to this back in 2005. Nobody had heard of this back then and I remember when David Spriggs first experienced it at the Presuntisco, later again at the Dalva Lodge which I took him too and then again that trip at Vinologia he was blown away. I still have one of those 2005 bottlings and also ones from 2006, 2008 and 2009.

The price of 179 Euros is very fair for this particular gem, and considering there are less than 300 bottles left for sale (worldwide) it will disappear rather quickly. A few will be bottled in 375 ml bottles, but that will be sold for the same price as the 750 is today, so don't wait too long.

As to the 1963 version of the Golden White, it is not really even close to the same level of hedonism that that 1952 provides. Very different profile and certainly side-by-side it is not in the same league.