Warres 1995 LBV. A simultaneous tasting?

Anything to do with Port.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Warres 1995 LBV. A simultaneous tasting?

Post by Conky »

Just a Port thought. Quite a few of us have a bottle or two of Warres 1995 LBV. As well as those of us who have got one, its readily available, for anyone else to join in.
What do you think about nominating a quiet evening in the future were we all open a bottle at approximately the same time and compare notes as we drink it that evening?
Might seem a bit geeky, but I'd give it a go. You could even say open bottle, post. 1st sip,Post. 2hrs, post. etc,etc and finally 24hrs, post for those that can.

I told you I was odd! :D

Alan
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I'm in - but I think I only have 27 bottles left so we will have to pick an early date :shock:

Derek
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

I'm in but I've only got six left
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

I'll have to get one, but I like the idea.
StevieCage
Fonseca LBV

Post by StevieCage »

I'm in as well - when do we do this?
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I would suggest we wait to see if the likes of RonnieRoots can get hold of one reasonably quickly, plus another day or so for any additional volunteers, and then we pick a day in the following fortnight. It'll be a bit of hassle, but if we can pick a day that suits most people, we just go for it and see if its fun! So the answer at the moment is give it a couple of days, and Ronnie, see if the local shops are helpful.

Alan
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Stevie, can you bring me one on Saturday? I wouldn't know any other store than Ton Overmars that carries it.
StevieCage
Fonseca LBV

Post by StevieCage »

Consider it done, Ronnie.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

We need a date for this and Al-B on board as well. Did Uncle Tom manage to get any at all?
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

People often have things on at the weekend, although I haven't for the next fortnight. I was thinking maybe a Thursday, the next one or the week after? If everyone wants a Fri/Sat I can do that as well.
If it all gets really complex, we'll have to go for the 1st suggestion that gets at least 4 participants.

Alan
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:We need a date for this and Al-B on board as well. Did Uncle Tom manage to get any at all?
I think Al-B might be over the other side of the pond for the next week or two. I got an out of office message saying he has no access to email from this weekend.

Tom did get some of this, didn't you Tom :wink:

Derek
Todd P
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by Todd P »

Good idea - will have to source one quick-like. Haven't seen it around anywhere - not surprising since you Brits seem to be hording all these good, unfiltered LBVs..... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will try to hunt one down. If I can't find one, I'm threatening to purchase a 2003 Noval or Taylor or Fonseca and hold it hostage until Alan sends me an LBV!!! I'll open it - I swear to god I will!!! :?

Todd
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Todd,

You raise an interesting one. If we are talking of an evening, that becomes the afternoon for you? Are you usually weeked off? So if we did it on Saturday evening for example, it wouldn't be too much hardship for you to start in the afternoon?
This is going to take the planning of Nasa, but its got to be worth a go. :D

Alan
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

We could always use the "Temporal Shift Utility", a feature of phpBB that allows us to synchonously post at the same time from different time-zones. Whilst we are posting at 8PM GMT and Todd is posting at 8PM, WCT (Weird Canadian Time), it will appear to both sets of people to be exactly the same and we can chat as if we really were posting at the same time. It's a new feature and so technologically advanced that it's physically impossible.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:WCT (Weird Canadian Time)
Is the emphasis on Time or Canadian in that phrase?
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

You've met Canadians, haven't you?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Actually, no, but I do know a Canadian who thinks he isn't a Canadian :?
Todd P
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by Todd P »

Oh god you guys, stop please... you're killing me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that whole Quebecois/Canadian thing is something to behold - wait - You remember the IRA??? We may have had a similar thing in the FLQ (Front du Lieration du Quebec) Should explain why my parents moved us from a very English-speaking area of Montreal to the opposite end of the country - just to get away from the letter-box bombs and such! ;)

Weird Canadian Time is GMT -7h12m42.3seconds. :D
Todd P
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by Todd P »

Conky wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Todd,

You raise an interesting one. If we are talking of an evening, that becomes the afternoon for you? Are you usually weeked off? So if we did it on Saturday evening for example, it wouldn't be too much hardship for you to start in the afternoon?
This is going to take the planning of Nasa, but its got to be worth a go. :D

Alan
And a serious answer to your question would be... I suppose I might be an hour or two behind the decanting (I'm assuming you'll decant an unfiltered LBV and let it breathe for a while?) I'll step in at that point and drink it straight from the bottle so I can report on how it might have been for you 5 hours prior!

(okay, there was nothing serious about that answer at all... let's try again!)

If you arrange it on a week-day, I will attempt to arrange a work-from-home day. (I'll probably end up happier and therefore more productive :shock: :D)

Todd
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Todd,

So forgetting Alex's Temporal Time Machine (Which to be fair, needs new plugs), we're safe to go back to a boring Thursday, as long as your given a bit of notice. That still seems best for those who have busy weekends.

My understanding, is we are waiting to see if you and RonnieRoots can get a bottle, and word from AHD and possiblty Andy to see if they want to participate, and then we pick the first Thursday after all those things are sorted.
I suspect we'd have to upgrade it to VP tasting to attract Uncle Tom and Jdaw1.

Alan
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Don't disparage my requests for upgrades to phpBB. I've given them my requirements and fully expect them to be in the next sub-release. If they are not then I will write a strongly-worded e-mail.
Todd P
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by Todd P »

Conky wrote: we're safe to go back to a boring Thursday, as long as your given a bit of notice. That still seems best for those who have busy weekends.

My understanding, is we are waiting to see if you and RonnieRoots can get a bottle, and word from AHD and possiblty Andy to see if they want to participate, and then we pick the first Thursday after all those things are sorted.
Alan, Thursdays would work well for a WFH (Work From Home) day. Ah hell, just about any day would but you know... Thursdays are good :)

Todd
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Have we decided which Thursday yet?
Port is basically a red drink
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I'm ready to go. This Thursday :?: 12th,July :?: Should be fun.

Alan
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Next week. Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's a bit too soon, tomorrow. There's a song there somewhere.
Port is basically a red drink