saturday in London

Post your experiences of travel, especially for the Douro region. Make recommendations for places to stay and visit or ask advice from those that have already been there.
JakobCPH
Cruz Ruby

saturday in London

Post by JakobCPH »

Hi i am traveling to London this weekend do any of you know any places that are a must for a port lover? Mostly Colheitas by the glas? Thank you
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: saturday in London

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I need to think, but my initial reaction is that I can't think of anywhere in London which serves colheita by the glass. Tawny with an indication of age or vintage port I can help with, but colheita...

How about Taverna in Smithfield market. It's worth you taking a look at the threads called "Hotel price list" and "restaurant price list" to see what we've found in the past.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Post by Doggett »

I agree with Alex, that this maybe a bit of a challenge. One place you may try is the Port House on the Strand. I am not sure that you will find all the ports listed on the menu in the link, but the often have Kopke colheita shy the glass and some aged Tawnies. I hope you find somewhere and have a lovely weekend in town.

Simon

http://porthouse.ie
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

I agree with Simon - the Port House on Strand might be able to help you.

Though, as he alluded, their actual Ports available rarely match the ones listed on the menu exactly.
Glenn Elliott
JakobCPH
Cruz Ruby

Post by JakobCPH »

Thank you for the answers, i will have a look in the threads called "Hotel price list" and "restaurant price list"
I know it is chalance to find Colheitha by the glass, that is why i ask here:) I will definitely go by The port house
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Post by Doggett »

JakobCPH wrote:Thank you for the answers, i will have a look in the threads called "Hotel price list" and "restaurant price list"
I know it is chalance to find Colheitha by the glass, that is why i ask here:) I will definitely go by The port house
How was your weekend in London Jakob? Did you find any good port to enjoy?