Trip to Jerez?

Post your experiences of travel, especially for the Douro region. Make recommendations for places to stay and visit or ask advice from those that have already been there.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Trip to Jerez?

Post by uncle tom »

My knowledge of Sherry is rudimentary, at best; and I have never visited Jerez.

However, I do get the impression that Britain is at the receiving end of the rubbish end of the market; much as France is for Port.

Many of us have had pleasant encounters with old aged white ports; but they also horribly scarce. I therefore wonder what aged treats may lie in Spanish cellars - surely they don't put everything into soleras - or do they..??

Don't ask me to organise a trip, as I wouldn't know where to start; but I'm game for a little adventure, if others are..

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
Deleted_User_1

Re: Trip to Jerez?

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

Have vehicle...will travel Tom :lol:
angeleyes
Quinta do Noval LBV

Re: Trip to Jerez?

Post by angeleyes »

I like sherry (mainly the dry varieties), but it's a bit of a mixed bag. You could say sherry is to port as British Leyland is to Rolls Royce. Perhaps a terrible analogy; but with sherry, it's inexpensive but functional (Morris Maxi), sometimes unreliable (Austin Princess), unusual but occasionally characterful and brilliant (Mini); port is reliable, a pleasure to drink (Silver Shadow), frequently superb (Corniche), and more desirable with age (Phantom 6).
Mark