Port Collection for Sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
jfacciol
Taylor’s LBV

Port Collection for Sale

Post by jfacciol »

I find myself drinking less and less port.

I have approximately 1000 bottles professionally stored at Horseridge Cellars in Connecticut.

I am not interested in selling bits and bobs out of the collection. I am interested in shifting the lot.

Most (but not all) of the bottles are VP. There are not a lot of rarities. The vast majority of the bottles are 1970 through 2000.

If you (or a group of you) might be interested, contact me and I will email you an Excel spreadsheet with the collection listed.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Port Collection for Sale

Post by jdaw1 »

jfacciol wrote:If you (or a group of you) might be interested, contact me and I will email you an Excel spreadsheet with the collection listed.
I am doubly saddened by this.

I am saddened that you no longer drink Port. You hosted an excellent 1970 horizontal, an ’83/’85 double horizontal, and a vertical of Graham’s. Since when your absence has been keenly felt.

Also, I am saddened by the repudiation of the old ways. You used to keep your cellar management records on small cards, in a box. It used to be that you deliberately spurned this new-fangled Excel business.

Thus are old things lost. I am saddened.

Edit: I have PM’d some USA Port people, drawing their attention to your post.
CaliforniaBrad
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by CaliforniaBrad »

PM sent. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
John M
Fonseca LBV

Post by John M »

Thanks too for the notice.