Croft late bottled vintage port 1984

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Starshine
Cruz Ruby

Croft late bottled vintage port 1984

Post by Starshine »

Hi,

My mum has passed away leaving me (amongst other things) a bottle of Croft late bottled vintage port 1984, bottled in 1990. I don't drink & I don't know if it has any value but if so I'd like to sell this to someone who does like port, I know it was gifted to my mum a few months ago and had since been stored in a cupboard in the spare room, I have no idea on storage prior to this.

I live in Brighouse, UK.

Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you.

Michelle
Bottle front
Bottle front
image.jpeg (86.3 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Attachments
Bottle back
Bottle back
image.jpeg (87.05 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Croft late bottled vintage port 1984

Post by jdaw1 »

Alas the bottle is worth about nothing. It will be entirely drinkable, with luck better than pleasant, but is unlikely to be better than that. Are there any friends or family who would be willing to toast your late mother, to whom it could be given?
Starshine
Cruz Ruby

Post by Starshine »

Thank you for your response I very much appreciate it. I have an uncle on the coast who would probably drink it so I'll take it for him next time I visit. Thanks again x
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Sorry that the news wasn’t better, but at least it seems to be going to a good destination.