Croft Vintage Port 1970

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
SarahRob
Cruz Ruby

Croft Vintage Port 1970

Post by SarahRob »

I have a dozen bottles of Port to sell which belonged to my late father. It’s still sealed in its original wooden crate. It’s been stored in the cellar since forever!! Value? Anyone interested? Do I open the crate?
Also 8 immaculate bottles of Graham’s 1975. Value for that? Thank you
idj123
Morgan 1991

Re: Croft Vintage Port 1970

Post by idj123 »

Welcome to the Forum! Please read our advice to buyers if you haven’t already done so. Where are you based? The good news is thau you’ve potentially a good Port from an undoubtedly great year. However, I would suggest that you jemmy open the crate in order to inspect the contents as the outcome of this will affect the valuation.

Depending on the outcome of the above, I may be interested but will PM you further.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Sarah, it would also be of use if you could let people know roughly where you are located. Thanks.
Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
SarahRob
Cruz Ruby

Post by SarahRob »

I’m in Lancaster, just off the M6. I’ve opened the crate, one bottle is completely empty and the cork inside and one is a bit damp around the collar and level just below the neck. The other 10 are pretty perfect, labels a little tired as to be expected for their age but the wax seals are immaculate