5 vintage bottles for sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
defeatless
Cruz Ruby

5 vintage bottles for sale

Post by defeatless »

Hello all,

I started a while ago with this tread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8858 After some research and some other stuff I decided to sell some bottles of port.

The story is as following:
In The Netherlands there is a big liquor chain called Mitra. All these shops have been told to either franchise or close down by the end of the year.
So some of the shops are sold to the one's who are working in it. In others there is just one guy who is becomming the new boss.
The big thing is that every shop has to count everything and check if everything what is on the balance is also in the shop.
Well these five bottles were not on the balance. So I've been asked to try to get rid of them.

My price is 350 euro's all together including posting and packaging (I have some nice wooden boxes but they are like present boxes not the boxes of the port).

It are these five:

Maia Coheirta 1937

Taylor's 1996 vintage

Fonseca Guimaraens 1988 (2x) (both numbers ripped of one is still intact at the back)

Niepoort's 1991 vintage

jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 5 vintage bottles for sale

Post by jdaw1 »

Thank you for posting here.

My guess, though perhaps others might see it differently, is that €350 is very optimistic.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I agree with JDAW. I think if you get €350, you have done extremely well. I would suggest that if you get serious offers in the region of €250-280 then you should think hard about whether to accept.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

As you are based in the Netherlands, I'd recommend you post these on Marktplaats. People are often willing to pay over the odds on that site.
I don't think you should expect more than €250 from people here, and even that depends on how well these ports were stored (none of the Mitra shops I've ever been to had ideal storage conditions for long term ageing).