1963 Morgan

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1963 Morgan vintage port

Post by uncle tom »

After clearing both the xmas offline leftovers and a severe cold, I have time for just one TN before escaping to warmer climes.

Decanted yesterday, came very cleanly off it's sediment, but a musty bottle stink gave some cause for concern initially.

Was fully composed last night after nine hours in decanter, and still drinking well today.

A little on the pale side, but otherwise this wine is typical of the vintage - well dimensioned and agreeable, with nose, palate and finish in good proportion - but moving towards decline as it struggles to handle the spirit.

To score:

For immediate gratification this makes it into the top quartile - but not by a mile, so an 8

Where's it going? I think this wine is going to dry out and become spiritous - there is nothing to be gained from giving it more time.

Score 8-6

- one to drink soon!

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill