1985 Taylor

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1985 Taylor

Post by LGTrotter »

I seem to be having a run of luck at opening bottles of port recently, they have all been good. Helped by the weather, which makes me want to get the fire going, sit by it drinking port.

Visitors to this forum may be aware that I have been less than nice about this port, but hear ye! I was wrong! Get a box of this in the cupboard before stocks diminish and price goes up. I am almost bored of describing these wines, this fruit, that spice. It makes me think of Larkin. Graham and Fonseca Ted Hughes, all animal and visceral. The Taylor being more human and knowing is both soothing and invigorating. Just terrific, and if I can keep my hands off them for another 20 years they will be as delicious as the 66 I had a while back. Many points.

On the tedious wine stuff, it seems that each time I drink this it tastes younger. Another 1960, surging back to life after being declared on the downslope.