2015 Graham Stone Terraces

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

2015 Graham Stone Terraces

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

400 cases. Deep red with a plum-purple rim; opaque. An incredibly concentrated nose that is full of sour cherry and blackcurrant; very impressive. Power and a huge level of acidity balances the deep and powerful fruit on the palate with multiple nuances and subtle layers coming through. There are so many layers and twists to the flavours on the palate. The complexity also comes through on the aftertaste with so many floral tones. This is perfectly balanced with restrained power and perfect elegance. The length of the finish is measured in minutes. This is an astonishing wine, the best young vintage port I have tasted since I started tasting newly bottled vintage port with the 1994 vintage. 98-100/100.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 2015 Graham Stone Terraces

Post by g-man »

Hey AHB,

did you taste the cask samples or a production bottle?

They had a tasting 3 weeks ago and I found the grahams much lighter on its feet than your notes indicated.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I tasted a production bottle. Charles commented that all the Stone Terraces had been bottled about 3 weeks before the tasting and that he was pleased with the way it had recovered from its bottle-shock (my words, not his). I didn't find it a big, powerful port but incredibly complex.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

AHB wrote: 14:25 Wed 31 May 2017 I tasted a production bottle. Charles commented that all the Stone Terraces had been bottled about 3 weeks before the tasting and that he was pleased with the way it had recovered from its bottle-shock (my words, not his). I didn't find it a big, powerful port but incredibly complex.
ah!

thanks for the info!!

based on the tasting 3 weeks ago I would have had the Vesuvio as the better wine offering the same complexity but an added power and depth!
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz