1994 Graham

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
winesecretary
Fonseca 1980

Re: 1994 Graham

Post by winesecretary »

85% opaque, glass-staining liquid with lovely legs. Nose quite dumb and suggested it was nowhere near ready. Very rich and sweet forest fruits on the front palate and mid-palate, a little heat on the finish and some chocolatey tannins. Full and fine.
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

65% opacity, dark red. Young red fruit on the nose, cranberries. Open and floral nose. Soft entry, full of fruit and lovely sweetness. Gentle heat along the palate, finish chocolaty and a little coarse - tannins not quite integrated. Nice port, but this bottle wasn't a blockbuster. Suspect it could show better.
NickA
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by NickA »

Mid colour and intense black and red fruit driven nose.- combines sweetness and early signs of maturity on the palate with dates and hint of ginger and spice. Nice development but not the concentration of fruit expected, initially a little dry on finish with air hints of a syrupy note. I’ve noticed before this can be a little up or down, even within hours, and this continues. Have a lot of hope for this but I think timing will be key to get the best from it. One of my longer term bets hence not rated but potentially excellent.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

G94. Dark red, 70% opaque. Good sweetness.