2017 Quinta do Portal Muros

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 2017 Portal Muros

Post by jdaw1 »

NickA
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by NickA »

B7: An inky dense sweetly fruity nose. Quite a distinctively sweetly fruited lighter style. Balanced and attractive. Hints of liquorice over black fruit. More like a sweet wine than a port in some ways, but delicious in its way.
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by rich_n »

Complex and spicy, red fruit and plums. Not as tannic as others, might be one for early drinking, it's very enjoyable right now! V good.
(I have the rest of the bottle but haven't had the chance to try again yet, but as soon as I do I'll add further notes)
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by rich_n »

rich_n wrote: 15:21 Sun 30 Jun 2019 Complex and spicy, red fruit and plums. Not as tannic as others, might be one for early drinking, it's very enjoyable right now! V good.
(I have the rest of the bottle but haven't had the chance to try again yet, but as soon as I do I'll add further notes)
Further tasting this evening reveals a layer of acidity and some vanilla notes. Redcurrants more dominant in the fruit now. Might have been open a little longer than ideal now, but still very enjoyable drinking.