2015 Heritage

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

2015 Heritage

Post by JacobH »

I wouldn’t normally post such a brief note on :tpf: but the temptation of adding a new shipper to the list of abbreviations is too strong!

This is made by Família Correia Dos Santos who seem to be based on the North side of the Douro, just East of Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira. Whilst the bottle is branded “Porto Heritage”, their website suggests that the company is called just Heritage with the table wines branded “Douro Heritage”. A pretty full range of Ports is offered including VP from most years since 2011 and full sets of aged tawnies, whites and dry whites.

This 2015 VP had a good, good Porty-nose with good rounded tannins and a decent amount of acidity. It was very enjoyable and will be interesting to see what it is like in future.
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Re: 2015 Heritage

Post by Doggett »

Hi Jacob, did you find this with a UK stockist? As my B&B is called The Heritage I am interested in seeing if this brand can be a house offering.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

No- sorry- I tried this at Portologia in Porto. Based on their tiny online presence (Portologia seems to be the only place to stock them), I would be very surprised if they have any distributors and your best bet would be to email them and see if they'll ship you some direct. Or offer to be their UK rep. if you fancy diversifying! ;-)
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Post by Doggett »

Thanks Jacob.