2000 Graham

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

2000 Graham

Post by JacobH »

Opaque purple centre but fading to red rather than purple (as per the 2008 Malvedos) on the edge. The nose is fabulous. Very similar to the 1970. Concentrated fruits: blackcurrants and cherries. Mouth is perhaps more cherry like. Quite tannic still but elegant. The tannins are rounded rather than strong. Gentle acidity. Again, balanced rather than assertively sweet. Really very gluggable now but will certainly improve with some more time.

Tasted at: Graham 200 Tasting with Anthony and Tom Symington

Date: 2nd December 2020

Rated*: C

http://www.jacob-head.com/port/records/ ... am_2000_VP

* A Note on Ratings

My rating system attempts to answer the question “is this a good Port?” one of three ways: N—No; P—Possibly; or C—Certainly. Ports generally are rated against others of their category. Therefore, a Ruby Port which I rate as C for Certainly good, might not be as good as a Vintage Port which receives the same rating. I sometimes modify my rating with a plus or minus indicating that the Port is better or worse than might be expected for this category.