2015 Taylor LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

2015 Taylor LBV

Post by rich_n »

NB this is a Taylor LBV and therefore filtered. Purchased from A Supermarket a year or so ago and stored in my home cellar; it was not decanted. Originally opened after several glasses of port (hence the PnP note).

PnP: This is extremely good for an LBV, plenty of damson and plum, caramel milk chocolate and chewy tannins. This is very enjoyable, needs to be checked when I've had less other ports before this...

+3 days: this has softened in terms of the tannins, plenty of milk chocolate and caramel. Plum fruit is still plentiful.

+2 weeks (kept in bottle in the fridge): This is really lovely right now, strawberries and caramel on entry with a nice spicy peppery note and aniseed. Much less tannic than previously. Not a big finish but acceptable for an LBV.

Overall this is very good for an LBV, I'm pleased I have several more bottles that I'll enjoy over the next few years.