2015 Graham LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

2015 Graham LBV

Post by rich_n »

Opened and decanted in TPF advice in the morning ahead of the 14th Jan 2021 virtual session. This is a filtered LBV.

PNP - the initial nose is very spicy pepper with hints of red fruits and eucalyptus in the background. Luscious red fruits on entry, opening up with milk chocolate caramel through the mid palate. The spice is much less dominant here, well integrated and taking things away from being overly sweet. Drying and enjoyably tannic. Finish is short but enjoyable. I look forward to seeing how this has opened up later on.

+10 hours
Grape skins on the nose but not much else, belying the palate which is huge. Dominated for me by caramel and milk chocolate alongside tangerine orange and some pepper spice. My virtual co-tasters note black currant and dark grapes dominating (sable for me), and I definitely get those in behind the main notes. A little tannic with a nice spicy finish. This is a very lovely port and one of the finest examples of an LBV I've had for a while - I'm very fortunate to have it alongside the (also very good) 2015 Taylor LBV. V good to excellent.

NB this continued to be enjoyable for a couple of weeks, kept refrigerated in the bottle.
H_Sterling
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Re: 2015 Graham LBV

Post by H_Sterling »

Just having a taste of this now - it is a very tasty LBV and extra-remarkable considering I bought the bottle for £9! 88)