1967 Taylor Vargellas

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1967 Vargellas

Post by uncle tom »

An Oporto bottling, unusually, in green glass.

Although a little lighter than some wines of this age, this bottle proved to be perfectly mature. Best after about 24 hours, and noticeably tired when Derek helped me finish the decanter two days later.

Classic Vargellas - a really enjoyable wine

Probably at the tail end of it's plateau, it may not have the substance to last well into the future.

Score 8-6

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

dates being now, in 10 years, and just before a flight

Post by jdaw1 »

Presumably the score should be 8-6-1: the dates of consumption being now, in 10 years, and just before a flight to the Douro.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

and just before a flight to the Douro
But not before the best part of two decanters of port, a crawl of three local pubs and..

..did Derek tell you he overslept on my sofa and missed his flight?

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
10Anos
Fonseca LBV

Post by 10Anos »

uncle tom wrote:..did Derek tell you he overslept on my sofa and missed his flight?
Oh yes, he did. As a result his rank and avatar were changed to something more appropriate...