1983 Offley

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

1983 Offley

Post by DRT »

1983 Offley Boa Vista
Decanted through unbleached coffee filter using Jdaw-supplied emergency decanting kit.

On Decanting
This has a beautiful dark ruby red colour. Much darker than the last bottle I had that came from the same source. Red berrys on the nose with a small amount of heat. Good thick tears on the glass. Nice medium weight with cherry and chocolate then quite an intense burst of heat. Long mouthwatering finish.

...more later.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

I'm seating you within grasp of the Delaforce '35 on Saturday, but you'll also be able to grab a glass of the OBV '83 if you want to compare.

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

uncle tom wrote:I'm seating you within grasp of the Delaforce '35 on Saturday, but you'll also be able to grab a glass of the OBV '83 if you want to compare.

Tom
:D
Ernest H. Cockburn
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

...back to the TN

+6 Hours
Heavier weight with more fruit and softer, but still has a little of that burn in the middle. Very nice juice.

I'm now sipping it with some J.D.Gross Kul Kul 78% Dark Chocolate - Yummy :D

Derek
Ernest H. Cockburn