1994 Ramos Pinto Ervamoira

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1994 Ervamoira (Ramos Pinto) vintage port

Post by uncle tom »

Decanted three hours ago.

In the glass a dark purple-red colour. Rather subdued nose.

On the palate it does the great '94 party trick of having strong fruit masking the tannins, making a relatively young wine quite approachable.

Good wine, if a little too young still - a player to challenge the biggest names.

More anon..

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Child killer :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

Child killer
Yes, I'm retreating from the young stuff - I might do a V96 and Co94 before the year's out, plus the odd '91 & '85 - but overall, I expect to average well over 30yrs on my casual quaffing..

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

You need to check out Erik's Poll on FTLOP where you slagged him off for opening young stuff.

You've talked yourself into a Ventozelo 2000 on Saturday :lol: :lol:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

14 years is not excessively young for a very forward vintage like '94, but for a middle to long haul vintage like '00, 8 years is far too soon.

I will probably pop a stray '00 in four or five years time to see how the vintage is developing, but I doubt they'll be fit for mainstream consumption before 2025.

Tom