1991 Morgan

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

1991 Morgan's Vintage Port

Post by DRT »

OK - I lasted 45 minutes before cracking and opening a bottle of Morgan 91 to join Alan in the first TPF simultaneous tasting 88)

On Decanting
Very attractive deep red colour, a bit light for a 91 in my opinion. Huge fruity smell whilst decanting desoite the wine still being at 12 degrees. First glass smells of strawberry and cherry. Initial taste is quite light in the mouth, although I expect it to thicken in time, with red cherry being the dominant taste. A burst of tanic dryness is followed by a warm and satisfying finish. A good start.

+2 Hours
The nose now has some spirit, but its hot in the house so it might be that. The mouth feel has thickend considerably and it is now even dryer than before. Not ready yet. Must have more Warres LBV 95 to give it time 88)

+3.5 Hours
Spirit is starting to fade but still evident. A very big mouthful of fruit....but still too dry for me. I think this will be better this time tomorrow. That said, I will have a few glasses now just so that I have a benchmark to compare to tomorrow night :wink:
Last edited by DRT on 23:55 Sun 24 Jun 2007, edited 2 times in total.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I'm still struggling to identify the fruits as clearly as you do, but the warm and satisfying finish is spot on. I cant get my head round how its not strongly alcoholic in taste, but that finish has the alcoholic warmth about it.

Alan
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Do edits show up as new posts?
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:Do edits show up as new posts?
No
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

OK, thanks

Are you aware that your current Avatar looks exactly like you do at the end of an offline? :lol: :lol:
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

It was taken after the last Crusting Pipe off-line.