1994 Tesco

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

1994 Tesco

Post by DRT »

1994 Tesco Vintage Port (Symington)
There have been variable reports about this bottling so I think it is worth keeping score.

Decanted 1 Hour
Big fruity smell while decanting. The sediment was in small lumps the size of grains of sugar. A raw nose, too young for me. Quite thin in the mouth but lots of dark fruits and as dry as dry can be.

Over the past few days I have consigned yet another Morgan 91 to the depths of time. This wine is very much less mature than the M91. Much more than the 3 year gap in vintages. It is very raw in comparison to the gluggable pop 'n' pour nature of most 91s and is more raw than some other 94s I have had recently. An interesting beast. Will it sort itself out in a few years? Some will be going into storage to answer that question :wink:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: 1994 Tesco Vintage Port (Symington)

Post by DRT »

+13 Days (refridgerated)
Lyle's Black Treacle on the nose. Soft entry and extremely smooth but lacking a little weight and texture. Very, very tannic finish. 13 days in the fridge hasn't done this much harm at all.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn