1967 Cockburn

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1967 Cockburn

Post by uncle tom »

First bottle from a modest stash bought last year.

Decanted and drunk fairly casually over five days. Was approachable soon after decanting, and evolved little thereafter.

Fully mature, and will probably only deteriorate from here on. Good rich tawny red colour, pleasant restrained nose, and slighly nutty on the palate; a trait that other '67's seem to share.

Undemanding, and no superstar, but very agreeable nevertheless.

Score 6-5

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
WS1
Cruz 1989

Re: 1967 Cockburn

Post by WS1 »

Fully agree with you comments, just want to add that Cockburns 1967 is one of my favourite Ports to open to people who have not had any experience with older Ports to show how good it can be. It is indeed not a "blockbuster" port, but the quality is there despite it comes across as quite unobtrusive.

additionally a lot of friends I have are born in 1967 which contributes to the fact that I open this wine quite often :lol:

regards

Wolfgang
"Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough"
Mark Twain