2007 Quinta do Crasto

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

2007 Quinta do Crasto

Post by DRT »

Tasted as part of DRT's Review of 2007 Cask Samples

Each of the paragraphs below are separate notes taken over a period of a few days:

A little raw on the nose. Light colour, not opaque. Sharp acidity, light weight and soft tannins. Very light in comparison to all of the other 2007s tasted so far. Bitter finish.

Thicker now but still sharp and light. No big tannins at all. Quite disappointing.

Nose better. Cherry entry. Still light weight and sharp with a hot finish. Not unpleasant to drink but doesn't have the bold tannins and fruit that I would expect.

Much smoother, softer and fruity today. Cherry, but still hot in the finish and no dry tannins to speak of. I can't see how this can last the pace. The weakest of the pack by a long way. Not unpleasant to drink but just not big enough.

I took a further note 3 weeks after all of the above and noted: Wood!? Corked? - This isn't right - musty and not good at all - was this a flawed bottle?
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn