NV Sandeman Imperial Reserve

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Michael M.
Quinta do Noval LBV

NV Sandeman Imperial Reserve

Post by Michael M. »

This is a Tawny. I could not find any information on Sandeman website how long this one spends in cask. According to Godfrey Spence (Portwein, 1999) it is about 8 years. He mentioned that it would be on a par with a lot of 10 year old Tawnies. I am not that enthousiastic. On the label there is a descrition that the colour should be amber.I did not find anything of that. I'd describe it as brick-red, a beautiful one. This was not a pop&pour wine. On day 1 I found it to be awful. Nothing on the nose. On the palate displeasing sweetness and hardly any fruit. On day 2 this was much better. Sweetness was noticeably reduced and there was some nice hints of dried fruits mainly dried plum and dried fig. This was not very complex but a nice drinking even on day 3. I would not pay the 16,50 EUR for what it is offered normaly in Germany. But for the 9 EUR I paid, I got a nice every day Port, I would certainly buy again.
Shut Up 'N Drink Yer Port