2003 Hooper LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

2003 Hooper LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

I've been told I should write a tasting note for what my husband has served me.

Very dark, almost purple in color.

Nose: caramel and dark cherries

Taste: Blackberries, very tart, and a hint of chocolate cherry soda. Poor aftertaste, like cough syrup. Mediocre start, poor finish.

Nothing special.

SCP-DFF.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 2003 Hooper LBV

Post by jdaw1 »

Very dark, the colour clinging to the glass as would that of a young VP. Nose surprisingly good (Hopper!): blackberries, and maybe blackcurrants as well. But the taste despite the same fruits ruined by mid-palate roughness.

My TN composed in my head as SCP-DFF, unobserved by me, wrote hers at the computer. Yet they match! Cool: we were made for each other. ;-)

(Approximately €14 from Monoprix. Not terrible; but not to be repeated.)
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

SCP-DFF,

Congrats on your first TN. It's a pity your beloved husband couldn't offer you a Port that was more worthy of this momentus event.

JDAW,

I remember the not-so-long-ago days when you confessed to never having tasted an LBV. Your plight in that Port-starved place you call home must be quite terrible. Now, go and open something nice and say sorry to SCP-DFF for serving her crappy Port.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

If I’d been at home, of course. Instead I was trapped (in Paris), walking from her friend’s temporary flat to her mother’s, via Monoprix. That narrowed choices.