2007 Quevedo

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

2007 Quevedo vintage port

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Deep red, very youthful and nosing of subdued blackcurrants. Dry entry, with lots of blackcurrant fruit and some big firm but gentle tannins behind the fruit. Quite a dry port but not at the expense of the levels of fruit. Nice dry aftertaste and a finish of decent length. 88/100. Drunk 11 Feb 2010.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Chris Doty
Graham’s Malvedos 1996

Re: 2007 Quevedo vintage port

Post by Chris Doty »

Difficult for me to judge, given its youth -- but this is a feisty little bugger. Rich, thick, presence in the glass -- dark, dark fruit, giving way to an almost bacon fat component more reminiscent of CndP. MASSIVE structure throughout reminds one that this is a bottle that will benefit from 10++ years behind carefully guarded cellar doors.

Looking forward to adding this to my cellar.

87(?? with meaningful upside potential).
VJR
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Re: 2007 Quevedo vintage port

Post by VJR »

For me the 2007 VP was one of the most exciting newcomer highlights at Axel's 2007 Vintage Presentation last Friday. Not only is Oscar Quevedo an obviously very talented winemaker but with his open and immediately likeable nature, he is likely to make many new friends that will follow his ventures with great interest in the future. His 2007 VP constitutes possibly the best QPR of the vintage. Need to latch onto a case!

Cheers, victor