1975 Graham

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1975 Graham

Post by uncle tom »

I regard this bottle as a bit of a bonus..

Concerned that I was losing track over the content of my cellar, and had no proper record of levels on the 'puter, I went through my entire cellar (owc's excepted) this spring, recording levels, and giving each bottle a necktag, to identify it's case (by number) and bottle (by letter)

In the event, I found that only one bottle had gone awol - a Taylor '85 - which I think got drunk rather casually last Christmas. I also found an extra bottle - a Graham '75 - yet despite checks of invoices have no idea where it came from.

So I thought I'd drink it!

I have previously noted that G75 needs little decanter time, but this bottle is probably a tad better after 24hrs, although it is now a litle warm.

I'll return it to the cellar and re-visit tomorrow..

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I had one of these earlier this week. I did not take a TN but recall that it was hot on day 1, very nice on Day 2 and fading on Day 3.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Derek T. wrote:I had one of these earlier this week. I did not take a TN but recall that it was hot on day 1, very nice on Day 2 and fading on Day 3.

Derek
Young Glasshopper, you learn Conkys TN Method velly well!
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Just finishing this one off now, and agree with Derek that it now seems a little tired.

A reasonable wine, but a little too fiery - and probably on the brink of going over the hill, albeit slowly.

Score 5-4

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill