2004 Quevedo LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

2004 Quevedo LBV

Post by RAYC »

Extract tasting notes from TPF 4th Anniversary Virtual Tasting review thread
RAYC wrote:Still a deep garnet...but not the impenetable darkness you sometimes get with lbvs...a bit of heat on the nose and then very grippy in the palate - hopefully will blow off and soften a bit once it has had more than 30 seconds in the decanter
RAYC wrote:really goood lip-smacking ainseed though. I do sometimes like it when port reminds me of a mouth full of black jacks
30 mins later
RAYC wrote:some dense brambly fruits and violets coming to the fore ...the ainseed giving way to chocolate a bit...still very chewy...this is a serious lbv - certainly on a par with the Warre lbvs I would say and certainly has more punch.
RAYC wrote:something in the finish of the Quevedo 04 lbv that reminds me of the Churchill 85.
RAYC wrote:I can well imagine mistaking for a VP if served blind.

Finished the remainder at D+24 hours, no formal notes other than to comment that I had marginally preferred it the previous evening. The sweet spot, i would guess, is somewhere inbetween.

I will try to get some more of this - if it can be found for under £15 (which is what i seem to recall paying), it is a veritable bargain.

a-la-Jancis - "Bravo!"
Rob C.