1985 Taylor

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
JohninNYC
Fonseca LBV

1985 Taylor VP

Post by JohninNYC »

Aromas and flavors of almond, red cherry, plums, nutmeg, white chocolate, and vanilla bean.
Attachments
Label photo
Label photo
photo-83.JPG (73.13 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
John in NYC

"Burgundy makes you think of silly things: Bordeaux makes you talk about them, and Champagne makes you do them."-Brillat-Savarin
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: 1985 Taylor VP

Post by Glenn E. »

T80/T83/T85 is getting a joint TN from me, as they were so similar as to be almost indistinguishable. There were only two differences that I noted - one, the T85 had noticeably more tannins than the other two, and two, the T83 was a little more tart than the other two. Oddly, that left the T80 as my favorite of the three but by an insignificant amount.

Color: medium red or red/ruby.
Nose: violets, some heat, and some faint sweet cherry along the lines of a doctor's office cherry lollipop.
Palate: pleasant and smooth. A nice, round mouth feel but not what I'd call medium full. Less sweet than the 60s versions, which is a good thing. Excellent for drinking today and probably not going to improve any further.

Score: 92 points.
Glenn Elliott