1912 Niepoort Colheita (bottled 1974)

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

1912 Niepoort Colheita (bottled 1974)

Post by Axel P »

Colheita 1912 small.jpg
Colheita 1912 small.jpg (183.36 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
Probably bottled in 74.

Red-brown colour with a strong green rim. Elegant, but concentrated Nose, multilayered. Sllightly sweet, very good balancing acidity, Honey, Karamell. The palate is far more intense and complex than the nose reveals at this stage. Very deep and strong with milk-chocolate, hints of mints, strong honey. Long, but elegant aftertaste. Outstanding, reminds me stylewise a lot on the late bottles VV and the 1900. 19

Axel
Last edited by Axel P on 13:31 Sun 30 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
griff
Warre’s Traditional LBV

Re: 1912 Niepoort Colheita

Post by griff »

Now that looks delicious!
christopherpfaff
Warre’s Warrior

Re: 1912 Niepoort Colheita

Post by christopherpfaff »

Red-brown colour with a strong green rim. Elegant, but concentrated Nose, multilayered. Sllightly sweet, very good balancing acidity, Honey, Karamell. The palate is far more intense and complex than the nose reveals at this stage. Very deep and strong with milk-chocolate, hints of mints, strong honey. Long, but elegant aftertaste. Outstanding, reminds me stylewise a lot on the late bottles VV and the 1900. 19
I agree totally, thanks for sharing!
"An one litre bottle [of port] is the right size for two persons, if one person doesn´t drink." - Dirk Niepoort
--------
http://www.passion-port.de