1994 Offley

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
StevieCage
Fonseca LBV

1994 Offley

Post by StevieCage »

1994 Offley VP â€‟ wow, this smells minty…odd. Some dark fruit aromas, but it’s mostly mint, mint and mint again. Well structured, good balance, juicy red fruit if a tad medicinal. The finish was a let-down, though: very, very sweet with artificial fruit candy flavours lingering on. I did not like it much.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Did Stevie already mention the mint on the nose? There's mint. Along with some cough sweets. On the palate this is chemical and weird. Much too bitter and watery fruit. I don't like this at all.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

“Offley† or “Offley Boa Vista†

Post by jdaw1 »

Was this “Offley† or “Offley Boa Vista†, as they might both exist and be different. (Yes, I’m working on the TN index.)
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

This was the regular "Offley" bottling, not the 'Boavista"
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Whilst I stand to be corrected, I believe that the only difference between 'Offley' and 'Offley Boa Vista' on bottles of vintage port - is the text on the label.

My understanding is that by some accident of history, different markets have come to know the wine by slightly different names.

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill