2011 Quevedo

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

2011 Quevedo Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

I tasted this bottle non-blind over four days, tasting it once each day. The things I noticed most, and which were consistent during tasting it, was the noticable minerality, dense but fresh black stone fruit, seamless transition from the palate to the finish, plenty of acidity, and puckering tannins. What changed was the density of the fruit and overall harmony of this Vintage Port. Early on it was disjointed with a touch of typical youthful spirit. As this evolved that disjointedness came together and the alcohol integrated. As I mentioned, this has a huge amount of dense pure fruit, fruit that never showed raisining. I liked this the best on day four when it finally started to fully meld together into a single cohesive unit and one where the finish lingered for a good long while. And something that will bode well for its long term cellaring capabilities. I was very impressed with this effort, a wonderful job by the Quevedo crew.
95-96 Points