1987 Calem Foz

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
gerwin.degraaf
Taylor’s LBV

1987 Calem Foz

Post by gerwin.degraaf »

1987 Cálem Quinta da Foz VP
Probably not the best known house and or Quinta. Nevertheless (in my opinion) an utterly enjoyable VP. Nice and mature at this point. Lovely fruit (a bit jammy), good balance in terms of acidity and sweetness. Tannins and alcohol nicely integrated.

I have some bottles left of this and will be happily consuming one bottle of this every year until they're all gone. I don't think that these will improve any furhter, but there's no need to rush in finishing them off in my opinion.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: 1987 Cálem Quinta da Foz VP

Post by djewesbury »

gerwin.degraaf wrote:happily consuming one bottle of this every year until they're all gone.
Your self-restraint is quite amazing.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
gerwin.degraaf
Taylor’s LBV

Re: 1987 Cálem Quinta da Foz VP

Post by gerwin.degraaf »

djewesbury wrote:
gerwin.degraaf wrote:happily consuming one bottle of this every year until they're all gone.
Your self-restraint is quite amazing.
Thanks! That was of course what I was going for 88) . Maybe I should have, in all fairness, added the number of bottles from other producers / vintages that are comsumed annually :)