2000 Rozes LBV (unfiltered)

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
AW77
Morgan 1991

2000 Rozes LBV (unfiltered)

Post by AW77 »

Bottled unfiltered in 2006.
D+0h: a medium amount of deposit in the tea filter and in the bottle (though there are some big chunks that are left in the bottle), smells intensively of currant and shortly after of raspberry, D+4h: the colour is between dark as ink and purple red, smells of eucalypus, raspberry and minerality, medium to full body, smooth in the mouth, in the mouth there is a lot of acidity (although I like acidty this was a little bit too much for my taste), raspberry and a little bit of eucalyptus, in the aftertaste raspberry and acidity, good length (30 sec.), in the end raspberry lingers on the tongue, D+4,5h: now the acidity fades and dark chocolate comes to replace it in the mouth and aftertaste (there was this pleasant dark chocolate in the last bottle I opened two years ago, so I was expecting this in the first place), the dark chocolate note is really pleasant and tasty, a good LBV, I will decant it the next time for at least 5 hours, I still have 5 bottles left which I intend to drink over the next 5 years.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port