2000 Niepoort LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
AW77
Morgan 1991

2000 Niepoort LBV

Post by AW77 »

Bottled unfiltered in 2005.
D+0h: medium amount of deposit in the tea filter and in the bottle (though some large chunks here), smells very pleasantly and intensively of currant D+5,5h: purple red, on the rim ruby red, smells of raspberry, eucalyptus and of minerality, medium body, not that sweet, more "half-dry", in the mouth currant and some liquorice, very smooth, in the aftertaste currant, liquorice and a little bit of acidity, good length (30 sec), in the end the liquorice lingers on the tongue D+6h: the body gets fuller and the liquorice taste is more pronounced now, a very tasty and very good LBV, I look forward to the other two bottles that I have (which I plan to drink in January 2016 and January 2017).
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: 2000 Niepoort LBV

Post by djewesbury »

You told me this before, but where did you get hold of these? And are they still selling them? And at what price?
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
AW77
Morgan 1991

Re: 2000 Niepoort LBV

Post by AW77 »

In March last year I did an internet search for older Niepoort LBVs. I found this one at "Irmgard's Wein-Capinet". I took their last three bottles for 21 Euro each all in.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port