1982 Graham Single Harvest Tawny

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

1982 Graham Single Harvest Tawny

Post by jdaw1 »

RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: 1982 Graham colheita

Post by RAYC »

From the looks of it, I was drinking this same wine in Tortola BVI at just about the same time as you guys. It has done very nicely for having 18-24 months in bottle I think - seems to me to have filled out and gained character from its initial slightly insipid showing in December 2013.
Rob C.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: 1982 Graham Single Tawny

Post by djewesbury »

RAYC wrote:From the looks of it, I was drinking this same wine in Tortola BVI at just about the same time as you guys. It has done very nicely for having 18-24 months in bottle I think - seems to me to have filled out and gained character from its initial slightly insipid showing in December 2013.
I agree, though I still found it light. A deep orange, somewhat quiet on the nose. The entry was a little harsh and bitter, and somewhat tangy. Spice on the tongue, oranges, then a finish comes rising with ozone that comes from the palate into the nose. (Not sure what I meant by that last bit; but in the interests of completeness, I offer it here.)
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...