Wed 24th of February 2016 Vesuvio tasting

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
WS1
Cruz 1989

Re: Wed 24th of February 2016 Vesuvio tasting

Post by WS1 »

SCP wrote:If the last spot is still up for grabs, I would be very keen to join on the 24th. I attended an offline a couple of years ago with TPF (Graham's vertical) and it's well overdue time to do another :)
Hi,

have not heard from Constandia back yet but will make an executive decision either you or her attending Sunday late evening. If she cannot make it or not respond by then you are in. Hope this leaves enough time for you to make arrangements to join us on Wednesday.

regards

WS1
"Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough"
Mark Twain
SCP
Fonseca LBV

Post by SCP »

WS1 wrote:
SCP wrote:If the last spot is still up for grabs, I would be very keen to join on the 24th. I attended an offline a couple of years ago with TPF (Graham's vertical) and it's well overdue time to do another :)
Hi,

have not heard from Constandia back yet but will make an executive decision either you or her attending Sunday late evening. If she cannot make it or not respond by then you are in. Hope this leaves enough time for you to make arrangements to join us on Wednesday.

regards

WS1
Understood. That would be fine, thanks.
Constandia
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Constandia »

Hi there,

I PM'd Wolfgang also. Apologies for my late reply, I am able to make it on Wednesday. Thank you and look forward to receiving the details!
salut :990033:
Dia
Constandia
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Constandia »

Hello,
My food order for the evening to follow:
Can I please have smoked mackerel with apple and fennel as a starter and a rare chargrilled sirloin steak with hand-cut chips and grilled tomato as main with creamed spinach as a side.
Also in terms of port, shall I bring anything? The oldest vintage I can get is 1992 and the newest 2013 with some vintages in between. Or please let me know how can I contribute towards the evening.
Many thanks,
Dia
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Constandia wrote:Also in terms of port, shall I bring anything? The oldest vintage I can get is 1992 and the newest 2013 with some vintages in between. Or please let me know how can I contribute towards the evening.
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:My two bottles are available for adoption by whoever takes my seat.
At this stage it might be administratively simpler for there to be £ settlement.
Hi Constandia,

I am pleased to hear you will be able to take my vacant seat. I believe all of the bottles have already been sourced and as you can see from above my two are available for you to adopt. Wolfgang can let you know the agreed price of these. Please just leave the money with AHB or JDAW and they will get it to me.

Enjoy!

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
WS1
Cruz 1989

Post by WS1 »

Constandia wrote:Hello,
My food order for the evening to follow:
Can I please have smoked mackerel with apple and fennel as a starter and a rare chargrilled sirloin steak with hand-cut chips and grilled tomato as main with creamed spinach as a side.
Also in terms of port, shall I bring anything? The oldest vintage I can get is 1992 and the newest 2013 with some vintages in between. Or please let me know how can I contribute towards the evening.
Many thanks,
Dia
sent you a PM with the details of the tasting. JDAW will record your food order and also please let him know if you are right or left handed.

regards

WS1
Mark Twain
WS1
Cruz 1989

Post by WS1 »

Quick update:

-324 glasses delivered to th B&F
- manager opened the 12 Vesuvios in the main cellar

The decanting team under JDAW should find the Vesuvios opened (just cork pulled) in the main cellar. I will hopefully arrive with the others decanted by latest 4:00PM.

cu tomorrow

regards

WS1
Mark Twain
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

Everything proceeding nicely at the B&F. 12 of the 23 ports now pre-poured and laid out.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

flash_uk wrote:Everything proceeding nicely ...
Except the fact I am still in Surrey! My eta around 6.45. I expect I will have to play catch up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!