Page 7 of 7

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 09:11 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by AHB
With RLC and KMH unable to attend, we are now 13 ports for 12 people. Despite the heroics of the 1922 Committee last Tuesday and their desperate thirst, are we happy that this is the right number of bottles for a school night? Should we be opening both the Dow and the McKenzie?

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 09:24 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by DRT
I think one per person would be sufficient.

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 09:32 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by WS1
Let us open both please! DRT's suggestion should not be considered but ignored! :lol: :tpf:

regards

WS1

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 11:30 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by DRT
WS1 wrote: ↑
09:32 Tue 10 Apr 2018
Let us open both please! DRT's suggestion should not be considered but ignored! :lol: :tpf:

regards

WS1
That is a much better suggestion than mine 😁

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 11:32 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by DRT
The decanting team will arrive at B&F around 12:30 for a spot of pre-decanting lunch followed by an afternoon of decanting and quality assurance.

If there is a preferred order in which the bottles should be decanted please say so soon.

Re: RE: Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 11:48 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by jdaw1
DRT wrote:If there is a preferred order in which the bottles should be decanted please say so soon.
Thank you for being the (early) decanting team.

Do open D and Mk.

I prefer the big names early: T, D, G, etc. Wolfgang S. favours Andouze: as a compromise, de-cork all then decant.

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 13:45 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by DRT
The quality assurance is going very well.

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 14:57 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by WS1
Just advance notice that Axel may not make it due to Lufthansa strike. Told him to man up and try to get the Thales/Eurostar combination to London...

How hard can it be?

Otherwise it maybe be booked so he is excused. Please if not already open do not open the Niepoort 63 in case Axel does not make it as I was asked to pass on by Wolfgang G.
Wolfgang G. might be delayed due to Lufthansa Strike as well. But he is sure to make it!

regards

WS1

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 15:18 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by Axel P
Thank you for the prenotification, Wolfgang,

everything is fully booked and/or too late. My flight was on until 1h prior to leave....

I wish you all a great tasting and will fetch something from 63 out of my cellar.

Any costs involved, please pass them on to me.

Axel

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 16:49 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by flash_uk
Axel P wrote: ↑
15:18 Tue 10 Apr 2018
Thank you for the prenotification, Wolfgang,

everything is fully booked and/or too late. My flight was on until 1h prior to leave....

I wish you all a great tasting and will fetch something from 63 out of my cellar.

Any costs involved, please pass them on to me.

Axel
Sorry you can’t make it Axel.

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 16:50 Tue 10 Apr 2018
by flash_uk
Looks like my flight will get to LCY for about 1820. Should be at the B&F for about 7.

Re: Second wind for 1963s? Tuesday 10 April 2018

Posted: 09:25 Thu 12 Apr 2018
by PhilW
Following up from the tasting; Axel was unfortunately unable to join us at the last minute due to airline personnel strikes; as his bottles had already been decanted, there was nothing we could do in that regard. It has therefore been suggested that at some future TPF tasting where Axel joins us, that he will not be asked to bring anything except himself, so he can enjoy our port as we have enjoyed his.