Churchill's Port tastings in May (with link to kits)

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Churchill's Port tastings in May (with link to kits)

Post by Doggett »

There are two new tastings from Churchill's happening in May.

Ahead of World Cocktail Day on 13 May, on Tuesday 12 May in English and Thursday 14 May in Portuguese, Johnny Graham and his son James Graham will discuss some new ways consumers are enjoying port today, sharing serve and cocktail suggestions from bartenders around the world. Live on Churchill’s Instagram at 8pm.

and,

On Tuesday 19 May in English and Thursday 21 May in Portuguese, Johnny Graham and Ricardo Pinto Nunes will be showcasing a vertical of Churchill’s vintages on Churchill’s Instagram, including a cask sample of the soon to be bottled Churchill’s Quinta da Gricha 2018 Vintage Port.

here is the link for the kits
https://churchills-port.com/shop/e-tast ... ntageport/
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Churchill's Port tastings in May (with link to kits)

Post by PhilW »

I'll be joining on the 19th, assuming I can get my kit ordered - just having a little trouble with their website checkout atm.
I like the selection of ports they've picked for this tasting, and will look forward to it.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

I found Churchills fine. quinta de la Rosa was awful - PayPal payment was the only data I was asked for. No idea if order actually placed or coming!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

They’ve chose an arty picture, at low resolution, rather than a factual picture with high-def version. Which, with wording giving some but not all bottle sizes, leaves prospective purchasers unclear about what they might be getting.

I have previously grumbled about this sort of thing.
PhilW

Post by PhilW »

benread wrote: 10:29 Sat 02 May 2020 I found Churchills fine. quinta de la Rosa was awful - PayPal payment was the only data I was asked for. No idea if order actually placed or coming!
Sounds like we've had opposite issues, with no problem with QdlR order last month (shipping confirmation 3 days after order with tracking reference; order took around a week). I tried again with the Churchill website without luck, so have emailed them about it.
PhilW

Post by PhilW »

jdaw1 wrote: 10:29 Sat 02 May 2020They’ve chose an arty picture, at low resolution, rather than a factual picture with high-def version. Which, with wording giving some but not all bottle sizes, leaves prospective purchasers unclear about what they might be getting.
I believe the wines are to be Ch94(half), ChG05, Ch14(half), Ch14lbv(half) and ChG18 (cask sample).
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

PhilW wrote: 12:39 Sat 02 May 2020I believe the wines are to be Ch94(half), ChG05, Ch14(half), Ch14lbv(half) and ChG18 (cask sample).
So a whole bottle of a cask sample. Unusual.
PhilW

Re: RE: Re: Churchill's Port tastings in May (with link to kits)

Post by PhilW »

jdaw1 wrote:
PhilW wrote: 12:39 Sat 02 May 2020I believe the wines are to be Ch94(half), ChG05, Ch14(half), Ch14lbv(half) and ChG18 (cask sample).
So a whole bottle of a cask sample. Unusual.
I read it more as a cask-sample sized bottle; probably the smaller/different shape smaller bottle in the photo.