Harvest Time in the Douro

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Harvest Time in the Douro

Post by DRT »

I have booked my flights to go over to the Douro from 18th to 22nd September to meet up with Frederick Blais who is there from the 8th until the 22nd. No real plan on what we will be doing at the moment but it will certainly involve Port :piginpoo:

If anyone else plans to be in the Douro or VNG during these dates please let us know and perhaps we can meet up somewhere for a :tpf: Off-line in the land of Purple Sunshine 88)

Derek

PS: My return flight from Stansted cost me £46 :D
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

no chance for that unfortunately,but we will be there later this month. Very much looking forward to that!
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

I will just miss you in the Douro, but I really look forward to seeing you and everyone else in early October 88)
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

ADV wrote:I will just miss you in the Douro, but I really look forward to seeing you and everyone else in early October 88)
Andy,

It is indeed a pity that we will not be able to go for three years in a row together in the Douro but I look forward to our few days together in the UK after your trip in October.

Can I assume that after being in the Douro for 7 days drinking 40+ ports per day you will be wanting a few days off the juice when you arrive here in the UK?
Ernest H. Cockburn
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

DRT wrote:.

Can I assume that after being in the Douro for 7 days drinking 40+ ports per day you will be wanting a few days off the juice when you arrive here in the UK?
Are you mad..and lose my steam, no way. I fully expect to keep going full steam ahead. There is no stopping a Port-o-philiac :twisted: 88) :P :lol:
Frederick Blais
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Frederick Blais »

Looking forward to a good fun with DRT. I've been in touch with him since the early days of the vintage port site. Hopefuly he will not bring his ghost in the Douro for my photos (inside)

I'll make sure Derek got his feet well clean before jumping in the lagares too, just for our own health after all :wink:
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Frederick Blais wrote:Looking forward to a good fun with DRT. I've been in touch with him since the early days of the vintage port site.
Those were the days when I was asking the newbie questions about port and "Fred Quebeq" was the only person on http://www.thevintageportsite.co.uk who ever gave any answers. I think this must be the 4th or 5th year in a row that Fred and I have tried to find a convenient time to meet in the Douro and finally we have done it 88)

I'm very much looking forward to it and I promise to leave the ghost at home :wink:

Derek
Ernest H. Cockburn
ac-fast
Niepoort LBV

Post by ac-fast »

Oh.. my wife and me are going til Porto/Duero - 22-29 Sept.

Staying at Qta. do Portal and with som private(friends)
Any time not spend drinking port, is a waste of time.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

I will be in VNG on September 05th, will depart to Vesuvio on the following day to visit the Vindouro-Festival, stay the night at Vesuvio with the courtesy of Dominic Symington and have a tasting there.

Axel

P.S.: That is as well the weekend of the Red Bull Airrace in Porto!
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Axel, I hope you enjoy the flight :wink:
Ernest H. Cockburn
ac-fast
Niepoort LBV

Post by ac-fast »

I saw the red bull race last year, tuff pilots 88)
Any time not spend drinking port, is a waste of time.