Warres Vertical October 2nd

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Warres Vertical October 2nd

Post by JacobH »

jdaw1 wrote:Suggestions sans-serif, stylish, not ornate?
What about Aller Sans in either the bold or display? (Although I have heard it said that with enough concentration anyone who reads English can read Danish, experimentation suggests the skriftprøve is the sample).
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Updated, typefaces now being Geo112ThinBold, AmazeItalic, AmerettoCondensedBold. (Sorry: didn’t like Aller Sans’ descenders.)
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

Jdaw,

unfortunately I cannot open the file and print it. Could you please send it to my private mail account. Please include the 2007 as well.

Thanks

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Axel P wrote:unfortunately I cannot open the file
My ISP gave out on me when I uploaded earlier the server had only half the file. Re-uploaded. Please try again apologies for the problem.
Axel P wrote:print it
Delay printing until nearer the day. People, even the best-intentioned people, change plans.
[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=29227#p29227]Here[/url] jdaw1 wrote:Printing:
The Manual wrote:The day before the tasting print the mats using a toner printer.
  • Ensure that ‟No automatic page scaling” (or equivalent) is checked in the print dialogue box. (Automatic page scaling can be very wrong, scaling to invisible and irrelevant artefacts in the PDF.)
  • On some Konica Minolta printers, and perhaps others, checking ‟Choose paper size by PDF page size” means the output is very small, a mirror image, and on paper of the wrong size. This is not good. On other printers this setting can be useful experiment as necessary.
  • Print single-sided obviously duplex wouldn’t work.
  • Use toner not ink, as a single drop of wine or water causes ink to smudge.
  • Print onto brilliant white paper of the correct size. In the US prefer 96 bright paper to the slightly-yellow 92.
Axel P wrote:Please include the 2007 as well.
Done. That means we have a gap between 1985 until 2007: yikes! Suggestion: fill in the missing bottles, and, as you have the room from 2pm, start the youngsters at 3pm, and drink the middle-agers from 7pm.
Axel P

Post by Axel P »

thanks, Julian. I think Tom and Wolfgang did not want 97 to 03 within since they are about to close down or are closing down. They had some extra money so I thought the Warre 07 might be a good (and cheap) oportunity which ate up the rest of the money.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

jdaw1 wrote:Updated
Sunday 26th September is the last day on which I can do changes or corrections to the placemats. Axel: please check carefully, and soon.
Axel P

Post by Axel P »

Hi Julian,

I was in Oporto this weekend and didnt check. Lets presume its allright.

I do hope very much to see you on the weekend.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
Ghandih
Fonseca LBV

Post by Ghandih »

Dear all,

I am very pleased to say that I have got the nod to come along on Friday, and have (I hope) made the necessary bank transfer to smooth the way. I'm also rather chuffed to mention that I have become a dad for the second time; Alexandra (Lexie) Susan Claire Ghandhi was born at 04:15 on the 21st September, weighing in at a healthy 8lb 2oz. I don't know how to stick a picture on this website and I'm not sure I really should, anyway, but if you'd like to see one, I've put one on my website, and I hope this link will work:
http://simongandy.vndv.com/attach/Daughter02001.jpg
[I should warn you, she looks pretty much like a baby - normal number of fingers, eyes, heads, wrinkles, etc, so don't expect anything too extraordinary.]

Very excited about the tasting, and sincerely hope I can get some snooze before the event, so I don't fall asleep halfway through. Speaking of things that make me fall asleep, I appreciate the industry that goes into the placemats and what-not, but would anyone else think the world better served if these conversations went on in a dedicated section of the website that needn't trouble us simple folk? Just an idea.

See you all on Friday!

Ghandaddhi
A man who likes vintage ports, and we're not talking Carthage