1 Feb 2010 - Crusting Pipe - Bring a bottle of Port

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Deleted_User_1

Re: 1 Feb 2010 - Crusting Pipe - Bring a bottle of Port

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

Sorry to hear that Ben...Hope you are better soon...kept a nice 1970 for our next CPV.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

jdaw1 wrote:
benread wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:Alex or Ben: would one of you please volunteer to print and bring the placemats?
Alex: I remain provisional - more so in that I am currently on antibiotics for a chest infection (that even French 10YO Tawny could not cure!) picke dup skiing this week. Would you be able to take responsibility for the placemats please.
New links:
Now printed on single sided A4, including Ben so that we have a placeholder for Chris. See you all at TCP around 7pm
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Deleted_User_1

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

Gentlemen it was a pleasure to be with you this evening...I have to say the company was excellent and my thanks must go to Julian and Derek for arranging this ...unusual...offline. Well done chaps...I think the top wine tonight was the Dow '70 followed closely by that lucky Taylors '86....Mrs Cookie concurs by the way....Thanks again...Cookie.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

The annex's lineup was:

2007 Graham Vintage Port
2007 Vesuvio Vintage Port
2007 Martinez Vintage Port
1986 Smith Woodhouse Colheita

The Vesuvio was the concensus winner on the night, but strangely the Smith Woodhouse was the most consumed.

I'm going to be spending 3 more nights with the '07s and will post TNs once I've finished with them.

Edit: TNs posted and linked above.
Glenn Elliott