A birthday tasting 2011 - 4th April 2011

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: A birthday tasting 2011 - 4th April 2011

Post by jdaw1 »

JacobH wrote:Rob: a word of warning; if you try printing this on a Postscript printer it may take several hours to print. It might be worth doing a test run to gauge speed in the morning.
Rob: please time, approximately, how long it takes to print 272 pages. Thank you.
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by RAYC »

worry not - printing went smoothly (approx 6 - 7 minutes)
Rob C.
Ghandih
Fonseca LBV

Dress code

Post by Ghandih »

Dear all,

Jolly excited about the forthcoming tasting - what with Fonseca having surpassed Taylor as my fave port, and there being quite a bit of Fonseca on the menu tomorrow. I haven't been able to find dress instructions for the event, which is slightly surprising, given the attention to detail and instruction meted out in general. I conclude, of course, not that dress instructions aren't given, but that I haven't looked properly.

So, please, could someone in authority confirm that my turning up tomorrow in a nice business suit won't have me turfed out as a scruffy ruffian, nor as overdressed and entirely missing the point? I know that there will be the urge to make out that, in the spirit of the recent red nose, we are all meant to be wearing chainmail (or something similar), but I am also aware that it was even more recently April Fools' day, so I'm not buying that.

Cheers all,

Ganhdi
A man who likes vintage ports, and we're not talking Carthage
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Please would attendees post tasting notes, there being links to the relevant threads at the top of the review thread.