Wed 17 June 2015, The Sweet-spot Vintages (66,70,77)

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: Wed 17 June 2015, The Sweet-spot Vintages (66,70,77)

Post by RAYC »

flash_uk wrote:
RAYC wrote:G70 (unknown English bottler, pesky rubber capsule) double decanted at noon and now at B&F.

There's also an unopened backup G70 (Oporto bottled, looks like it was shipped in 90s / 2000s) if that bottle proves to be faulty or uninspiring with air - feel free to use discretion on set-up.

Plus a backup D77 just in case we need another shot at a TCE-free bottle (again, feel free to use when setting up if the original btl is problematic - though obviously can't guarantee this one would be any better than the original...)
Fantastic Rob - many thanks. Just to check though, did you leave all this wonderful stuff at the B&F or at Davy's Woolgate?
Good question. The one in the City near Guildhall/Moorgate station where the RP event was held last year. They were definitely setting up for a port event and didn't seem surprised by the bottles being deposited...
Rob C.
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Post by flash_uk »

RAYC wrote:
flash_uk wrote:
RAYC wrote:G70 (unknown English bottler, pesky rubber capsule) double decanted at noon and now at B&F.

There's also an unopened backup G70 (Oporto bottled, looks like it was shipped in 90s / 2000s) if that bottle proves to be faulty or uninspiring with air - feel free to use discretion on set-up.

Plus a backup D77 just in case we need another shot at a TCE-free bottle (again, feel free to use when setting up if the original btl is problematic - though obviously can't guarantee this one would be any better than the original...)
Fantastic Rob - many thanks. Just to check though, did you leave all this wonderful stuff at the B&F or at Davy's Woolgate?
Good question. The one in the City near Guildhall/Moorgate station where the RP event was held last year. They were definitely setting up for a port event and didn't seem surprised by the bottles being deposited...
Spot on. That's the one.
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by RAYC »

My departure from work has just been delayed- please place me at end of table and (if possible) ask my food order to be held - I now anticipate arriving c.8.00.
Rob C.