UK General Election results

What happened?
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: UK General Election results

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:Does anybody know what happened in the constituency of Hove?
I'm willing to bet that the sitting candidate dropped off to sleep just as the Returning Officer was about to announce the result :lol:
On a related subject the BBC reports that, in Hove, Conservatives (Mike Weatherley) took the seat from Labour (Celia Barlow), third place being taken by the Liberal Democrats (Paul Elgood).
Chris Doty
Graham’s Malvedos 1996

Post by Chris Doty »

Smashing night, gents.

I thought all the wines showed very well, and while the W70 was the clear POTN to my taste, each one had a distinct and interesting character. I left my notes at home, and will add to the threads in a bit. Off the top of my head:

W70 - This is EXACTLY what I want in vintage port. Resolved but still lush and lively in the mouth. Structure, balance, great finish, this has it all. Not comparable to the bottle we tried here a few months ago -- and thanks to Jacob for recommending this to me. Glad to have a few more, and would likely buy a case if it was guaranteed to turn out as well as this bottle. 92+

T35 - Obviously very light, but still with a brown sugary syrupy character. This is like a tallish thinish girl with long dark hair, covered in tattoos and with a few helpings of piercings. Not sure what to make of it exactly, but it sure is distinctive. The only thing I've had that came close to resembling this was the Dalva Colheita, which actually ended up being from the exact same period. A slightly herbal/medicinal element mixed with the sweetness. LONGEST FINISH OF MY LIFE. Seriously. Now -- I'm not sure it was 'delicious' per se, but it DID last minutes. Nutty, Crazy wine. 90 (??)

D83 - Would have bet the ranch this was a Warre. Seemed to share a lot in common w/ the 1970, but a bit younger, a tad more simplistic and a touch more alcohol. Still, very very good -- with a plush and round character that was quite attractive. Will be a wine to seek out in 10-15 years. 90+

C97 - Looked SO young. I guessed an 05, and was surprised to learn it was a 97. Nose reminded me of a Ringland Auzzie fruitbomb. Not bad, just not sure I would have guessed Port had I not known. Rich and full on the mid palate, but the attack and finish are both casper-esque. Will obviously improve, but there have been a bunch of young wines I have preferred to this (00, 03, 05, 07 Vesuvio, 03 Niepoort to name some). 87
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

jdaw1 wrote:Does anybody know what happened in the constituency of Hove?
The Graham 1966 was returned as winner. There were no dubious candidates though! Sore heads prevail today as the results were watched throught he night!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!